The distinguished SKY G Fly Rod leverages technology in its quest to achieve fly rod perfection. Considered “the ultimate presentation rod” for finicky trout, the SKY G is crafted on a beautiful multi-modulus blank with a moderately fast action.
It’s wonderfully lightweight and eminently castable, and the addition of revolutionary G-Tec platelets takes it over the top. G-Tec is 10 times stronger than steel, and 5% as dense; incorporating this material into the rod blank further reduces the rod weight, greatly increases its strength, and because G-Tec is a highly efficient conductor of energy, adds extreme sensitivity and responsiveness.
Altogether, you’ll find the SKY G offers superb dampening and recovery, near-effortless casting, accuracy, and outstanding durability. Innovative top-of-the-line components include: REC Titanium Cerecoil stripper guides with zirconia inserts, REC Titanium recoil guides, AAAA flor grade cork, a skeletonized aluminum reel seat, double uplocking rings with nylon bushings, and burled blackwood inserts. Includes a plush rod sock and aluminum tube. Lifetime warranty.
- Moderate Fast action, multi-modulus blanks constructed with G-Tec platelets.
- Distinctly effortless casting & increased sensitivity on some of the industries lightest blanks and swing weights in its class.
- REC Titanium shape memory Cerecoil striper guides with zirconia inserts, REC Titanium recoil guides.
- A skeletonized aluminum reel seat, double uplocking rings with nylon bushings and burled blackwood inserts.
- AAAA flor grade cork.
- Glare resistant matte platinum colored rod blank with G-Armour
- Section alignment dots featuring rod line weight.
- Plush moisture wicking rod sock and powder coated aluminum tube.
- Lifetime Warranty on all Douglas Fly Rods.